Integrated logistics is mainly defined as the process of forecasting the customer’s needs as well as wants. This also involves acquiring the capital, people as well as necessary technologies to meet the people’s wants. Some of the facts about logistics integration have been discussed in this article.
Different factors affecting the logistics integration
Below are the variables which mainly affect the logistics of integration are:
- The growth of end-user awareness, as well as the marketing concept, is one of the important factors for the logistics of integration. The product line is mainly expanded to connect the rising demand for different selections.
- A second vital factor is the introduction of the computer. Some of the computer experts, as well as the integrated logistic managers, quickly found the mountain of computer applications for logistics.
- Global recession, as well as rising interest rates, caused many firms to redesign attention on decreasing the cost advantage. Many firms were mainly forced to reevaluate overall the transportation needs.
- The globalization of business, as well as the improvement of the world trade block, is another important aspect to take into account.
- Transportation is another vital element to take into consideration.
Important activities involved in the logistics integration
Some of the logistics activities like transportation, inventory management, facility structure, material handling as well as communication/information. These activities are mainly intertwined throughout the integrated logistics system.
These are some important facts to know about logistics integration.